Pulling the trigger on a new-or your first ever-control system can be scary. Something new comes out every 12 minutes, and there are more “breakthroughs” than we can keep up with. How do you begin to sort through the saturation to get the information you need to make an educated decision?
Write down what you want before you even begin searching.
- What do you want to control? Just your TV? Or do you want your lights, security system, pool, all controlled as well? Do you need your blinds, doors, and appliances connected too?
- How big is your house, apartment, office building, church, school?
- Are you going to leave it to the pros or are you diy-ing?
- What’s your time-frame for completing a project?
- What’s your budget?
- Are you wanting a system that will easily update, or are you okay with buying their new products when yours outdates itself?
Begin your search. Buying a control system is a lot like buying a car. There’s something out there for every buyer, but it may take a while to find.